Monday, April 25, 2011

Megan's Jewelry





The tiara was fun, actually. It took me a little while to formulate a plan of how to construct it as I wasn't too keen on most "handmade" tiaras I'd seen--they're fine in their own right but it wasn't the look I wanted to create. I used 14ga aluminum wire, shaped and hammered, and wire wrapped on the rhinestone chain and added a few pearl and crystal embellishments. After using only sterling silver for over a year, aluminum feels like putty in my hands, even at 14ga. Thank goodness it does work harden or I'd have been in trouble. Anyway, I don't think I'd make these on a regular basis only because it's so easy to just buy a cheap one for the same amount of money it took to buy all of the supplies (for just one, buying in bulk would reduce the costs of course) but I think I'd do them on a commission basis. I hope Megan likes the set! I love making bridal jewelry, it's my favorite. :)

1 comment:

Mom of 12 said...

Wow! You made that? You are amazing!
Sandy